Who We Are
Julie JonesFounder and President
- Before Encore Bridal: I have an M.A. In Speech Pathology. As I always had a love for fashion, I worked retail during school. In 2004 I married a pretty awesome guy who was supportive of me launching my dream - Encore Bridal.
- Why bridal? I've known I wanted to work in the wedding industry as far back as I can remember. When I was a child my Barbies would have elaborate weddings that I'd plan for days. When I was 13 I sketched my wedding dress - a long sleeved, high neck gown with rosette appliqués (it was the 80s!). After searching for my dream wedding dress I realized there was a need in the market - couture dresses without the couture prices. This was the most important garment I would ever wear and I wanted it to be special - made from the highest quality fabrics and with detailed craftsmanship. The problem was, my budget didn't allow for the high-end price tag. In the end I compromised (out went the flower budget), but happily our brides don't have to.
- Favorite Designer: Right now I'm having a love affair with Anna Maier – Ulla Maija. I love their clean modern aesthetic and the way they manipulate fabric to create a work of art.
- Favorite Accessory: Statement necklace
- Go To Outfit: Short jacket with my favorite jeans
- Thing I Can’t Live Without: Good food
- I Like to Splurge On: Facial products
- I Like to Save On: Everything else
- My Personal Style: Comfortable, feminine, with a touch of edgy
- Favorite Thing about Encore Bridal: The relationships - both with our brides and with other vendors in the industry. I've met so many inspiring women!
Rachel HarveySouthern California Consignor Liaison
- Before Encore Bridal: I graduated from The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles where I studied Merchandise Product Development. My major covered many aspects of the fashion industry such as fashion design, marketing, trend research, garment construction, styling, and manufacturing.
- Why bridal? As far back as I can remember, I have always loved bridal fashion. I would save up my money to buy bridal magazines. Then, I’d tear out all the dresses and accessories I loved and make collages out of them. Nothing seemed more beautiful than a bride in her dress.
- Favorite Designer: Marchesa and Badgley Mischka
- Favorite Accessory: Shoes
- Go To Outfit: Black dress and heels
- Thing I Can’t Live Without: My Phone
- I Like to Splurge On: ShoesI
- Like to Save On: Make-up
- My Personal Style: Edgy, Urban, and effortless
- Favorite Thing about Encore Bridal: I love that Encore Bridal offers high-end designs and quality at an incredible price. I also love the idea that one wedding dress has multiple stories behind it and that Encore Bridal gives back to the community with every sale.