- Why Encore Bridal?
- Have all of your dresses been worn?
- Why buy a “nearly new” wedding dress?
- Why buy “couture”?
- What is the price range of your gowns?
- How do I know what size to buy?
- In what condition are your gowns?
- Where do you get your inventory?
- How can I see your dresses in person?
- Are all of your gowns viewable online, or do you have more in your showroom?
- Is it safe to order online?
- Who do you recommend for alterations?
- I don’t see the specific gown I’m looking for, will you contact me if you receive it?
- When will my return be processed?
- My gown doesn’t meet the selling qualifications. Will you make an exception?
- How does your consignment process work?
Why Encore Bridal? Encore Bridal, LLC is a business, not an individual seller selling one wedding gown making for a less risky and better overall experience for our customers. We want each and every bride to be thrilled with their purchase. We also want you to tell your friends how they too can purchase the discounted designer wedding dress of their dreams. Our business is reliant on making brides happy and we strive to make every bride's shopping experience consistently excellent. At Encore Bridal you will experience...
- Breathtaking designer wedding dresses that are unexpectedly affordable.
- The convenience of shopping in the comfort of your own home from a secure and beautiful online boutique.
- Bridal gowns that have been hand-selected, guaranteed to be authentic, and ready to walk down the aisle.
- "Last chance" wedding gown styles no longer available at retail salons.
- A generous Return Policy unlike most other online or retail stores.
- A way to homage to the environment - "recycling" wedding dresses helps the global effort to reduce the use of the earth's natural resources.
- Women supporting women - we donate a portion of each sale to charities that support cervical cancer research and education.
- A designer gown is older than 3 collection years, but is still being sold in the stores (hasn’t been discontinued).
- If a gown retails for less than $2,000, but was designed by Pronovias, Jenny Yoo, Augusta Jones, Enzoani, or Marisa, we may make an exception. In this case, all other consignment qualifications must be met.
- How does your consignment process work?
Have all of your dresses been worn? No, we offer a vast selection of sample wedding dresses and pre-owned new wedding dresses, in addition to gently used wedding dresses. Why buy a nearly new wedding dress? When you buy a nearly new wedding dress you have the opportunity to share in the love and joy with another bride, engage in an earth friendly practice (reuse and recycle!) and of course, save money. Why buy a "couture" high-end designer wedding gown? Beside thoughtful cutting-edge designs, high-end designer wedding dresses are usually made of high-quality silks and lace, which have a look and feel completely different from the synthetic fabrics that are used for other designer wedding gowns. In addition, the craftsmanship of these gowns is remarkable - often with lots of hand detailing. What is the price range of your gowns? Our gowns range in price from $800-$6000 with an average price of $2000. The prices of our gowns reflect a 30-70% discount off the retail price. How do I know what size to buy? We have listed all dresses by "Casual Dress Size" based on the seller's measurements or the designer's measurements. The "casual dress size" is based on today;s vanity sizing that is used when sizing clothing at the most popular US retail stores. We’ve also included the measurements taken from the gown or the seller, and the label size when available. Please note, that while we attempt to be as accurate as possible when stating measurements they are approximate and not exact. In what condition are your bridal gowns? All of our gowns are EBI inspected and certified. As a part of this certification process, all items are thoroughly inspected prior to accepting them for consignment to ensure that there is minimal evidence of wear and damage, and that worn gowns have been professionally cleaned. We also inspect items prior to shipment to confirm that the condition at time of shipping is consistent with the written description. Most of our samples have been cleaned (a $300-$400 value), but some may require cleaning. We've noted this in our description of the gown under "condition". To find out more about our condition ratings and the EBI inspection process visit our Condition Guidelines Page. Where do you get your inventory? The gowns on our site have been hand-selected and thoroughly inspected by us. Some of our gowns are from brides looking to pass on a gown they loved and recoup some of their costs. We also receive sample gowns from upscale bridal boutiques that need to open-up space to allow for new inventory, or straight from the designers themselves. We have turned down many requests to sell gowns on our site because we are committed to bringing you only the most worthy gowns. How can I see your dresses in person? We are committed to bringing brides luxury brands for less. In order to keep our prices as low as possible, we offer couture wedding dresses through the e-Boutique. As an e-Boutique we are able to keep our overhead lower and pass the savings on to you. Prior to visiting, please browse through our e-Boutique to identify specific gowns that meet your specifications (size, length, price, style etc…). Should you see a gown or gowns that interest you, visit our showroom during our new walk-in hours: Friday 12-6pm, Saturday 10-4pm, Sunday 10-4pm, Monday 12-6pm. Note we take the last walk-in for gowns an hour before close. Are all of your gowns viewable online, or do you have more in your showroom? Yes, all of the gowns and accessories that we have in the showroom have been posted in our e-Boutique. We update our e-Boutique weekly. Is it safe to order online? Yes! We use highly secure SSL technology to keep your information safe. If you do not feel comfortable purchasing an item through our online store, you may complete a telephone order by calling 310.545.1409. Who do you recommend for alterations? See our alterations page for recommended seamstresses. If you are an EB bride and live in Northern California Bay Area, we can recommend a tailor that will meet you at Encore Bridal for your wedding dress fittings. I don't see the specific gown I'm looking for, will you contact me if you receive it? Yes. Email us the designer, style name/number, and size gown you are looking for. If it comes in, we will contact you. We also highly recommend signing up for our “Be The First To Know” e-mail list and liking our Facebook Page. We post new arrivals on our Facebook page as we receive them and give first dibs to Facebook and Twitter followers. When will my return be processed? Please allow up to 1 week for Encore Bridal to issue your return. You will receive an email from us when your return has been issued. The banks are then responsible for processing the return, which may take several days.
My gown doesn’t meet the selling qualifications. Will you make an exception? Occasionally we do make exceptions in these instances:
*A designer gown is older than 3 collection years, but is still being sold in the stores (hasn’t been discontinued).
*A gown retails for less than $2000, but was designed by Pronovias, Jenny Yoo, Augusta Jones, Enzoani, or Marisa, thus we may make an exception. In this case, all other consignment qualifications must be met.